This position is responsible for supporting strategic initiatives that aim to increase access to cellular therapy. This position is a subject matter expert on policy areas of interest that impact commercial and government payers, including health care reform, Medicare, Medicaid and the legislative process. This position will analyze public policy and data sources to assess and recommend a course of action on key topics of interest. This position will help lead data research projects pertaining to access barriers to cellular therapy.
• Advanced understanding of the US health care reimbursement system, including Medicare, Medicaid and the commercial health insurance industry
• Key health care policy issues and resources
• Familiarity with basic medical terminology and/or oncology, biology, biotechnology
• Demonstrated experience in data analysis with a focus on health economic research
• Familiarity with clinical coding, ie. CPT/HCPCS/ICD-10 etc.
• Proven knowledge of efficient resource management and ability to coordinate multiple project components within quality, budget and timeline constraints
• Define course of action within unclear and rapidly changing parameters
• Perform statistical analysis of complex administrative claims databases
• Above average oral and written communication; demonstrated public speaking skills
• Advanced proficiency in MS Office suite programs
• Experience using statistical software such as SAS or R is desirable
• Advanced time management and interpersonal skills
• Work effectively in a complex cross-functional work environment
• Requires interaction with a diverse population
• Meet deadlines, to be flexible, to problem solve, and to work effectively in a team environment and be a self-starter
• Effective written and oral communication, strong presentation and listening skills
• Display high standards of attendance, punctuality, maintains confidentiality, and manages time effectively.
• Prioritize and coordinate tasks and manage multiple deadlines simultaneously.
• Be flexible and adapt to changing priorities and to work as part of a team.
• Excellent oral and written communication; strong interpersonal skills.
• Work with others internal and external to NMDP
Education and/or Experience:
• Master’s degree in public health, public policy, or a related field. Bachelor’s degree and equivalent related experience may be substituted for master’s degree requirement.
• Two or more years of experience in a position that required policy analysis, health services research, program development, relationship building and complex data analysis.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Additional qualifications that may make a person even more effective in the role, but are not required for consideration)
• Experience working with medical claims data is a plus
Minneapolis, MN - Coordinating Center
500 N 5th Street
: Compliance and Regulations
: Individual Contributor
: Day Job
: Yes, 15 % of the Time
: Aug 7, 2018, 2:49:22 PM