Find jobs, field experiences, and internships in the public health field
Apply for this job by 10/09/2019
Employer: Dakota County
Located in: West St Paul, Minnesota
Degree Required: Other
The Administrative Specialist provides a variety of high level administrative services for the Public Health Department, including preparing, writing and producing reports and presentations, maintaining databases, managing the Department's internal and external websites, coordinating meetings and trainings, and providing administrative support for the Department Director and other managers. The ideal candidate possesses strong writing/editing/graphic communication skills, is highly organized and flexible, and has experience managing multiple priorities in a complex and fast-moving work environment. He or she has a track record of progressively responsible administrative experience, demonstrated skills with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Publisher skills are required), and a passion for public service.
• Associate Degree in Administrative Support or in a business related field
• Two years of progressively responsible office or administrative experience
• High School graduate or equivalent (G.E.D.) +
• Minimum one year of specialized office administrative training
• Three years of progressively responsible office or administrative experience
• An equivalent combination of education and experience.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE BEYOND MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Experience working with computer software and information systems, or business accounting
• Some positions may require typing ability of 60 wpm.
Posted on 09/25/2018
The education abroad opportunities posted on this website are not formally affiliated with the University of Minnesota and have not been fully vetted. Opportunities posted on this website should not be construed as an endorsement by the University. Please contact the Learning Abroad Center for information regarding participation on all education abroad programs.