Apply for this job by
Employer: RTI International
Located in: Durham, North Carolina
Degree Required: Bachelors
RTI's Child and Adolescent Research and Evaluation program seeks a Communications Analyst who brings curiosity, empathy and human-centered design experience to help develop digital and graphical materials and promote their dissemination through digital channels. The solution-minded candidate will help tackle critical problems focused on adolescent health and encouraging adolescents to pursue healthy lifestyles and avoid risky behaviors, from our headquarters in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina - though some travel is likely. The ideal candidate will bring a background in adolescent health, with expertise in risk reduction and health promotion.
We’re looking for a talented and creative strategic thinker and doer. This person will be highly organized, motivated, detail-oriented, and collaborative, someone who values translating research and evidence into implementation-focused communications and seeks to employ the promise of science for global good.
Please include a cover letter with your application. You can include the cover letter and the resume in the same document.
Responsibilities to include, but not be limited to:
- Coordinate the production of digital and social media communication activities, managing the work flow of multiple moving parts throughout the development process
- Work collaboratively and in partnership with multiple stakeholder groups
- Coordinate and assist in the crafting of evidence-based and theory-driven materials through multiple media including tip sheets, webinars, social media posts, blogs, development of conceptual models, etc., with a focus on adolescent and youth audiences
- Generate and implement strategic plans for content delivered across digital platforms, including the writing and marketing of multimedia content
- Pursue human-centered design by conducting user-focused research and usability testing activities
- Synthesize research findings, identify audience insights and develop marketing strategy
- Contribute to the branding and concept development of public education campaigns
- Develop, implement and evaluate paid and earned media opportunities
- Collect and analyze quantitative and qualitative data
- Additional duties identified in collaboration with supervisor and project teams
The ideal work location for this position is Research Triangle Park, NC, but the Washington, D.C. area will also be considered.
- Master’s degree and at least one year of related experience or Bachelor's degree and at least three years of experience.
- Degree in Marketing, Communication, Digital Media, Public Health or a related field and an interest in child and adolescent health and well-being
- Demonstrated experience designing and developing digital products, campaigns and/or interventions, including the use of content marketing and social media advertising
- Experience with social media listening, management and content development tools (e.g., video or infographic tools)
- Familiarity or experience with online content creation software (e.g., Canva, Snappa, Animoto, etc.) or Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to provide a writing sample or other example of dissemination material, if requested
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with strong attention to detail
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
- Background in adolescent and youth health and health promotion, adolescent pregnancy prevention or a related health promotion field
- Demonstrated experience conducting influencer marketing and pitching and leveraging/negotiating media opportunities
- Experience monitoring, analyzing, and reporting web and social media metrics
- Experience collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams, including graphic designers, software engineers, and product managers
- Approaches situations with a growth mindset
- Multicultural or bilingual communication skills a plus
To Apply: https://rtiint.referrals.selectminds.com/domestic/jobs/communications-analyst-2417?et=NCdomAOL
Posted on 11/06/2018
The education abroad opportunities posted on this website are not formally affiliated with the University of Minnesota and have not been fully vetted. Opportunities posted on this website should not be construed as an endorsement by the University. Please contact the Learning Abroad Center for information regarding participation on all education abroad programs.