Find jobs, field experiences, and internships in the public health field
Apply for this job by 01/18/2019
Employer: University of Minnesota Healthy Youth Development - Prevention Research Center
Located in: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Degree Required: Current graduate student
Established in 1996, the University of Minnesota Healthy Youth Development Prevention Research Center (UMN PRC) collaborates with state and local organizations to conduct research, evaluation, disseminate findings, and provide training on best practices in promoting health equity and healthy youth development. Related to this mission, UMN PRC aims to increase partners’ capacities to provide high quality sexual health programming through dissemination of adolescent sexual health data and fact sheets.
Nature and Scope of Position
The primary function of this internship is to increase dissemination and use of evidence-based information and resources regarding adolescent sexual health.
1. Collect and manage county, state and national statistics related to adolescent sexual health
2. Revise fact sheets and resource materials to include current statistics on adolescent sexual health
- Create web-based and print resources for dissemination
- Coordinate resource dissemination on UMN PRC website
3. Assist Director of Training and Education with evaluation and assessment activities, including data workshops and presentations
• Current graduate student in public health, education, family science or related field
• Basic data analysis skills with excellent attention to detail, and ability to summarize and communicate findings to multiple stakeholders
• Experience managing and manipulating statistics in Excel, creating fact sheets and presentations in Microsoft Publisher and Power Point
• Self-directed with strong organizational and writing skills
• Interest in adolescent sexual health
• Supportive of UMN PRC’s mission and vision
Applicants must apply on the UMN Employment Website. The position # is 328149.
Posted on 12/27/2018
The education abroad opportunities posted on this website are not formally affiliated with the University of Minnesota and have not been fully vetted. Opportunities posted on this website should not be construed as an endorsement by the University. Please contact the Learning Abroad Center for information regarding participation on all education abroad programs.