Provider Services Coordinator
Apply for this job by
Employer: Primary Care Coalition
Located in: Silver Spring, Maryland
Degree Required: Bachelors
The Provider Services Coordinator (PSC) serves as the first point of contact for PCC’s network of safety net primary care providers. The PSC supports network development, technical assistance, and the development of sustainable business models that support the safety net providers. The PSC will be trained and certified in eCW Practice Management and/or eCW Electronic Medical Record and have the capacity to utilize and train on the software and systems that support the provider network. The PSC position reports to the Director of Provider Services and has no direct supervisory responsibility.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a strong desire to help the low-income, uninsured population and values the role that public health plays in our community.
- Has practice management experience in eClinicalWorks or other electronic health records (EHR)
- Demonstrates strong quantitative, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Is a self-starter, critical thinker and fast learner.
- Can manage multiple competing priorities while under pressure to perform.
- Works effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Enjoys solving problems, taking on difficult challenges and finding solutions.
Provider Network Engagement, Development and Monitoring (60%)
- Ensure that the provider network is well informed of program requirements, network changes, policies and procedures, and new initiatives.
- Facilitate communication with all essential parties regarding provider requests, issues, and problems, and assist to find solutions.
- Assist in the identification, development, and implementation of strategies relating to the development and management of the provider network.
- Track and monitor providers to ensure compliance with the Service Provider Agreement.
- Create network provider policies and procedures in conjunction with appropriate stakeholders to ensure compliance.
- Generate reports as needed to measure network productivity and to meet PCC and other stakeholder reporting requirements.
- Conduct quality improvement and quality assurance activities as identified within PCC or as requested by the provider network.
- Implement and monitor growth and sustainability plans as developed by the Provider Services team.
- Monitor the provider network performance through regular reports and meetings with program managers.
Practice Management, Help Desk and Training Support (40%)
- Assist to ensure the provider network and PCC are making meaningful use of EHR technology and meeting requirements of program compliance and initiatives.
- Provide eCW user training, system configuration support, and operational and workflow assistance. Provide on-the-job training to users as needed.
- Assist the PSC-Technical Support and Training to provide second-level contact and problem resolution for all internal and external eCW users.
- Provide assistance as needed internally to program managers as network/provider policy relates to PCC program operations.
- Provide support as needed to any provider requiring assistance with revenue cycle management, billing, or questions related to practice management within eCW.
- Manage grant-funded projects as assigned, including those relating to revenue cycle management and business model sustainability.
- Budget creation and/or monitoring as needed for grant-funded projects and PCC programs. Liaise with PCC’s Finance department to ensure proper accounting of funds.
- Represent Montgomery Cares, Care for Kids, and Nexus Montgomery within PCC and the community as assigned, in a professional and informed manner.
- Maintain or establish relationships with PCC’s key stakeholders, providers, and community partners.
- Participate in ongoing Provider Services Team and PCC quality improvement initiatives
- Other duties as needed or assigned.
Skills, Education and Experience:
- 2 years’ experience in project management; experience managing contracts desirable but not required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to interact effectively and build collaborative relationships with diverse clients, stakeholders and staff members at all levels.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and strong customer-service orientation.
- Ability to take initiative, and work both independently and as part of a team
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or related field is required; master’s degree a plus.
- Proficiency in Spanish a plus.
- Local travel within Montgomery County is required up to 25%.
Who We Are:
Founded in 1993, the Primary Care Coalition (PCC)’s mission is to improve the health of vulnerable individuals and families by building partnerships and strengthening systems. PCC works with clinics, hospitals, health care providers, and other community partners to coordinate health services for the most vulnerable members of our community.
As an organization, PCC values collaboration; integrity; innovation; programmatic excellence; community engagement and health equity. We offer a dynamic work environment, which respects work-life balance and truly values and supports its employees.
PCC’s main office is located in downtown Silver Spring, MD and is accessible by metro and multiple bus lines. PCC offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, vacation, sick and personal leave as well as a 403(b) retirement plan.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- This is largely a sedentary role.
- This role may require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
- Advanced math skills needed.
- Requires ability to learn new software applications as necessary.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Requires local travel up to 25%.
This job description indicates, in general, the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions (as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act) expected of an incumbent. It is designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of an incumbent. An incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Posted on 12/27/2018
The education abroad opportunities posted on this website are not formally affiliated with the University of Minnesota and have not been fully vetted. Opportunities posted on this website should not be construed as an endorsement by the University. Please contact the Learning Abroad Center for information regarding participation on all education abroad programs.