Find jobs, field experiences, and internships in the public health field
Apply for this job by 02/22/2019
Employer: University of Minnesota
Located in: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Degree Required: Bachelors
About the Job
The position provides strategic administrative leadership to the Department of Radiology’s research enterprise, particularly for the Center for Magnetic Resonance Research (CMRR), the Center for Clinical Imaging Research (CCIR) and the Medical Discovery Team (MDT) for Optical Imaging Research, state-of-the-art research organizations engaged in magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), computational neuroscience and positron emission tomography (PET) research. The position supports the research endeavors for over 200 University faculty, staff and students, as well as external companies by creating the administrative infrastructure for transdisciplinary research. The position ensures staffing, compensation, contracts, purchases, financial management, compliance and communications are optimized for the ongoing success of the research enterprise. This position also provides administrative leadership for clinical research related to imaging within the Department of Radiology and MHealth Fairview.
The position will report to the Radiology Department Administrator and provide research administration expertise to guide the Department in supporting Medical School, MHealth Fairview and University strategic research initiatives.
CMRR and MDT for Optical Imaging Research Administrator - 80%
• Direct annual strategic planning meetings and facilitate goal setting. Plan, coordinate and chair committee meetings with leadership throughout the year to maintain momentum in achieving goals.
• Provide leadership for proposals of large construction projects, equipment purchases and service agreements. Serve as initial contact for Capital Planning and Management, Office of Real Estate as well as key vendors.
• Coordinate CMRR and MDT faculty hiring, retention, mentoring and compensation process, including providing guidance for approval documents, offer letters and interdisciplinary memorandums of agreements. Work with faculty on issues like conflict of interest, leaves of absence, and promotion and tenure.
• Provide guidance to ALRT Administrative Center financial staff on short-term and long-term financial forecasting and ISO accounting. Collaborate with ALRT financial staff in presentation of reports to leadership and faculty, as well as assist in resolving unusual or complex financial situations.
• Facilitate interactions with University entities including Office of Technology Commercialization, Sponsored Projects Administration, Medical School Dean’s Office, Board of Regents, Office of General Council, University Purchasing, the Internal/External Sales Office and University of Minnesota Foundation.
• Ensure effective communication among members of CMRR, MDT and CCIR, keeping stakeholders informed and efforts coordinated.
• Ensure staffing and structure are adequate to support research while optimizing utilization of resources.
• Develop processes and structures to support CMRR and MDT success.
• Coordinate evaluation and approval of requests for central resources.
• Facilitate collaboration with CCIR.
• Oversee HIPAA compliance and privacy, coordinate with University of Minnesota HIPCO office.
• Ensure public relations and philanthropic efforts are optimized and in keeping with University standards.
20% Department of Radiology/MHealth Fairview Imaging Clinical Research Administrator
• Oversee the development of processes and structures to support compliant and efficient research activities both within the Department as well as those initiated in other departments which involve imaging
• Guide staff on educating constituents across the MHealth Fairview system about the opportunities for imaging research and the process to access services
• Ensure researchers are able to access data and research subjects across MHealth
• Coordinate evaluation and approval of requests for central resources
• Oversee creation of research related metrics and reports
• Provide guidance to ensure financial processes are in place and optimized
The University of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
For more information regarding benefits, click here: https://humanresources.umn.edu/sites/humanresources.umn.edu/files/2019_tcd-fpa-75100-ben-0105-10.pdf
• Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field.
• 8 years relevant work experience, especially in the areas of research management, finance, project management and administration.
• Demonstrated excellent leadership skills. Ability to develop strategy, establish administrative priorities, influence and persuade.
• Demonstrated ability to move multiple projects forward at the same time and meet deadlines. Proven ability to develop timelines, implement innovative business strategies, identify problems and solutions and conduct systemic process review and improvements
• Masters of Business Administration or Master of Healthcare Administration
• Experience in a large, complex organization, preferably a research intensive, academic institution
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. Experience drafting, editing and approving written policies, memorandums of understanding and other legal documents
• Experience coordinating large, multi-institutional grants or research program. Knowledge of University research policies.
• Contract negotiation and administration skills
• Strong professional presence. Confident, respectful, approachable and collaborative.
• 5 years supervisory experience
To apply, please go to: https://hr.myu.umn.edu/jobs/ext/328154
Posted on 01/15/2019
The education abroad opportunities posted on this website are not formally affiliated with the University of Minnesota and have not been fully vetted. Opportunities posted on this website should not be construed as an endorsement by the University. Please contact the Learning Abroad Center for information regarding participation on all education abroad programs.