Find jobs, field experiences, and internships in the public health field
Apply for this job by 02/22/2019
Employer: DAKOTA COUNTY
Located in: Minnesota
Degree Required: Bachelors
There are three openings for public health nurses with Dakota County Public Health Department to join the Family Home Visiting team.
At Dakota County, Public Health Nurses work 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday- no weekends! We offer flexibility with your time off requests, reimbursement for mileage traveled for work, free continuing education, and free parking!
This specific position works in the Family Home Visiting programs and is responsible for providing home visits to antepartum and postpartum/parenting families, and to families who have children with special health care needs.
This position is responsible for managing requests from the public and providers for department and community services, determining eligibility for public health programs and providing public health nursing services to promote and improve or maintain the health and safety of Dakota County citizens.
• Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
• Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in Minnesota
• Registration as a Public Health Nurse in Minnesota
• Valid Driver's License
Preferred Experience beyond Minimum Qualifications:
• Prior professional nursing experience in acute care or community-based settings.
• Experience in health-related areas such as women, children, parenting, and/or lactation is highly desired.
• Previous experience and training in the Healthy Families America (HFA) home visiting program model.
• Fluency in Spanish or Somali is highly desired.
Posted on 01/22/2019
The education abroad opportunities posted on this website are not formally affiliated with the University of Minnesota and have not been fully vetted. Opportunities posted on this website should not be construed as an endorsement by the University. Please contact the Learning Abroad Center for information regarding participation on all education abroad programs.