Community Partnership Coordinator / Grants and Contracts Management
Apply for this job by
Employer: Metropolitan Area Agency on Aging
Located in: Arden Hills, Minnesota
Degree Required: Bachelors
What Type of Individual Are We Looking For?
- An individual with substantive knowledge in the funding priorities of MAAA. Learn more about those priorities here: https://metroaging.org/community-work/older-americans-act/
- Someone who is passionate about the mission of helping older adults live their best lives at home.
- A strong communicator who is effective in building relationships, networking andfacilitating groups.
- A future-oriented, big picture thinker who can efficiently and accurately handle detail.
- A person who is quick to learn and always looking to improve processes for internal and external stakeholders.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Administering contracts and grants for aging services providers, includingrecommending funding, managing payments and reporting, competitive bid processes, award and renewal processes, monitoring compliance, evaluating performance, and monitoring financial status.
- Providing thought leadership and support for services funded under federal and state aging funds.
- Identifying trends and innovations in service delivery.
- Developing and supporting relationships with community providers that offer services for older adults in the community and their family caregivers by facilitating network development, providing technical assistance, and supporting innovation.
- Establishing effective and efficient processes focused on quality improvement andutilizing technology and innovative solutions to streamline work.
- Ensuring we tell our story and elevate the impact of program partners.
- Preparing and aggregating financial and program reports.
- Contributing to continuous quality improvement.
What Skills and Knowledge Do You Need To Be Considered?
- Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university in human services, business administration, gerontology, accounting, or related fields. Master's Degree preferred.
- Understanding needs of older adults and family caregivers and the services that support those needs.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining cooperative, effective relationships that include the provision of technical assistance to social service agencies, informal volunteer-based providers, health and long-term care organizations, informal groups or related entities, including convening meetings, group facilitation, service design, planning, program operation, and evaluation.
- Knowledge and experience in:
- Continual process improvement
- Social services and contract and/or grant administration
- Interpreting federal and state regulations and policies impacting older adults, caregivers and social service programs.
- Understanding of and ability to work effectively with diverse people and organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to use data to inform decision-making including the development of data dashboards and other data analysis tools.
- Strong competency in computer applications and use, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, and website navigation.
What Are The Perks?
- Strong, consistent history of growth, financial stability and effective leadership.
- Generous paid time off benefit of 26 days/year plus 8 holidays.
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, life, and disability.
- Pension plan with 5% match.
- Professional challenge.
- Positive and collaborative work environment.
- The opportunity to make a significant impact in a growing and visionary organization.
- Modern office space with the tools you need to make a difference.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans
Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
Posted on 01/22/2019
The education abroad opportunities posted on this website are not formally affiliated with the University of Minnesota and have not been fully vetted. Opportunities posted on this website should not be construed as an endorsement by the University. Please contact the Learning Abroad Center for information regarding participation on all education abroad programs.