Find jobs, field experiences, and internships in the public health field
Employer: Stephens College
Located in: Columbia, Missouri
Degree Required: PhD
Stephens College is seeking a Founding Director to launch a BS in Nursing degree. This position reports to the Dean and will develop and drive the implementation, assessment and accreditation of this exciting, new program. The ideal leader is innovative and motivated to build and shepherd this new program through to implementation.
The successful candidate brings their strong knowledge of administrative nursing leadership to serve as the campus subject matter expert. Armed with collaborative leadership skills the Founding Director will build strong relationships with the community, peers and faculty both within Stephens College and at peer institutions.
This is a tremendous opportunity to build a new program focused on nursing excellence within the mission of Stephens College.
This position reports to the Dean of the School of Health Sciences.
1. Develop, implement, and evaluate the nursing program curriculum in accordance with national and state regulations, accreditation standards and college policy.
2. Recruit, hire, mentor and retain highly qualified faculty and staff.
3. Coordinate and supervise admission of students in the nursing program, and develop and implement strategies to support student success.
4. Develop affiliation agreements with hospitals and other providers
5. Manage the nursing program budget in a fiscally responsible manner.
6. Create and submit reports and documentation to appropriate regulatory agencies, accrediting bodies and State Boards of Nursing.
7. Collaborate with the Dean to create and maintain an environment conducive to teaching and learning, professional development, scholarship, and service, including oversight of faculty assignments, scheduling, and workload.
8. Oversee assessment of faculty and staff performance.
9. Participate in faculty governance, campus committees, and service to the college.
10. Maintain a teaching load of 6-9 hours/semester.
About Stephens College:
Founded in 1833, Stephens College is proud to be the second-oldest women's college in the country and the first institution of higher education in Columbia, MO. Focused on the creative arts and health sciences, Stephens College is committed to its mission: Learn. Grow. Lead.
With three schools, the undergraduate women’s college offers twenty-three majors and eighteen minors. The co-educational graduate program and related certificate programs offer three majors.
Stephens remains committed to women’s education at the undergraduate level, and is also committed to expanding programs at the graduate level. Building on its tradition of strength in the creative arts and programming in areas of high demand in the health sciences, Stephens College and its programs are changing to better serve its students, the community, region, and nation. The School of Health Sciences currently offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs in the areas of Biology, Equestrian Studies, Health Sciences, Psychology and Physician Assistant Studies.
Living in the Area:
The area offers a trifecta of benefits – vibrant college town; rising high tech sector and strong economy. These factors along with numerous others are why Columbia, MO has been on Livability’s Best Places to Live for four consecutive years.
Columbia, Missouri is located approximately 120 miles from both Kansas City and St. Louis. Known as “CoMo” to locals, the city has many hospitals, well-maintained parks, popular nightspots and good restaurant and shopping choices. The economy in Columbia features strong sectors in healthcare, insurance, technology, and higher education and a dynamic downtown and many hiking and biking trails add to the city’s overall livability.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and should include a cover letter and CV.
Inquiries and nominations are treated confidentially and can be sent to Jennifer Muller, Managing Partner with Academic Career & ExecutiveSearch at Jennifer@ACESrch.com.
The successful candidate must pass a criminal background check.
EOE A diverse community on campus is valued
Smoke Free Campus
Posted on 01/28/2019
The education abroad opportunities posted on this website are not formally affiliated with the University of Minnesota and have not been fully vetted. Opportunities posted on this website should not be construed as an endorsement by the University. Please contact the Learning Abroad Center for information regarding participation on all education abroad programs.