Part-time Research Assistant
Posting expires on
Employer: Mineapolis VA Medical Center
Located in: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Degree Required: Bachelors
We have an opening at the Minneapolis VA Health Care System for a 50% FTE research assistant working as part of a team investigating PTSD treatment adherence in Veterans. The research assistant will work primarily on one study called the PE2 Trauma Recovery Treatment Study. The study aims to improve Veterans’ adherence to evidence-based treatment for PTSD, through increasing family support for treatment. Minneapolis is one of three sites for this study, which is funded by VA’s Health Services Research & Development (HSR&D) and is led by Principal Investigator, Laura Meis, PhD. The study is being conducted in the Center for Care Delivery and Outcomes Research, a VA Health Services Research Center of Innovation which includes 24 core investigators, 8 affiliate investigators, 10 core support staff and 26 project staff. The Center, affiliated with the University of Minnesota Schools of Medicine and Public Health, supports almost 80 funded projects or programs with an annual budget of over $10 million.
- Bachelors (BA/BS) degree in public health, sociology, psychology or related allied health field from an accredited college or university, ideally with at least 1 year of research experience. A candidate without such experience will be considered with an undergraduate GPA ≥ 3.0.
- Prior research experience for candidates should include data collection and data storage, descriptive statistical procedures, participant recruitment and institutional review board application processes.
- Experience in coordinating multiple tasks and project elements with differing time lines and completion deadlines.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, and Excel as well as reference management tools.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Review and extract data from medical records to determine participant eligibility.
- Assist in preparing recruitment letter mailings.
- Organize follow-up survey mailings and attempt to contact non-responders via telephone.
- Log, scan, and verify returned survey data into study database. Assist in data cleaning.
- Recruit subjects via telephone and conduct phone screenings to determine subject eligibility.
- Schedule informed consent meetings and clinical assessment interviews with participants using Microsoft Outlook.
- Transcribe therapy session recordings and other sensitive audio.
- Maintain professional clearances/human studies training to be qualified to work with sensitive data as promulgated by the IRB, HIPAA, VHA, and other regulatory agencies.
- Participate in staff meetings with senior staff.
- The starting salary will be $22,116 for the 50% FTE position.
- Position will only be available for 12 months.
- Position is not eligible for benefits other than pro-rated annual leave and sick leave.
- Please submit CV and letter of interest by 2/22/19, 2019 to Erin Linden at Linden@va.gov.
- Position start date is targeted for 5/1/19. Educational transcripts will be requested as part of application processing. Transcripts must indicate a degree has already been conferred.
The VA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted on 02/07/2019
The education abroad opportunities posted on this website are not formally affiliated with the University of Minnesota and have not been fully vetted. Opportunities posted on this website should not be construed as an endorsement by the University. Please contact the Learning Abroad Center for information regarding participation on all education abroad programs.