Find jobs, field experiences, and internships in the public health field
Apply for this job by 05/31/2019
Employer: STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK
Located in: Brooklyn, New York
Degree Required: Masters
|Department:||SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH - COMMUNITY HEALTH SCIENCE||Job Title:||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (12 MO)|
|Professional Rank:||12MO||Descriptive Title:||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (12 MO)|
|Salary Range:||COMMENSURATE WITH QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE||Line Number:||27311|
|Additional Position Information:|
|Brief Description of Duties:
- Serve as a full-time faculty member on a tenure track line in the Department of Community Health Sciences in the School of Public Health.
- Participate in teaching, research, and service in the School of Public Health and in the Downstate Medical Center.
- Advise and mentor MPH and DrPH student.
- Teach courses in the MPH and DrPH curriculum.
- Conduct independent and collaborative research within an area of public health related to urban and immigrant health.
- Initiate and build collaborative relationships with community-based organizations.
- Participate in committees and other professional service organizations.
- Publish original research in peer reviewed journals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE ABOVE POSITION DESCRIPTION
|All successful candidates must undergo various background checks, maintain credentials required for continued employment and adhere to the SUNY-DMC UHB Principles of Behavior. Clinical Faculty and Allied Health professionals must receive and maintain Medical Board authorization.|
- Terminal doctoral degree such as MD, PhD, DrPH.
- Experience working on health issues with diverse populations.
- Experience in teaching and advisement of graduate students, preferable in a public health program.
- Clearly defined program of independent applied research focusing on urban and immigrant health.
- Record of publications in peer reviewed scientific journals.
|Posting ID: 17941||Ref #: FAC/27311-19|
|Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume along with a cover letter to ==>
Please include: Job Title( ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (12 MO) ), Line( 27311 ) and PostingID( 17941 )
Posted on 04/18/2019
The education abroad opportunities posted on this website are not formally affiliated with the University of Minnesota and have not been fully vetted. Opportunities posted on this website should not be construed as an endorsement by the University. Please contact the Learning Abroad Center for information regarding participation on all education abroad programs.