Find jobs, field experiences, and internships in the public health field
Posting expires on 05/27/2019
Employer: Mecklenburg County
Located in: Mecklenburg County, North Carolina
Degree Required: Bachelors
Mecklenburg County Public Health’s Office of Policy & Prevention is currently recruiting and hiring to fill their vacant Information/Education Coordinator position. This dynamic position will be responsible for maximizing the exposure of Mecklenburg County Public Health’s programs, initiatives and services. This is accomplished through a variety of duties: educating County staff and the public regarding the function and purposes of the Office of Policy & Prevention (OPP); assist Health Department and OPP with development of strategic/communication plans; provide guidance and support in grant writing process; maintain program area social media outlets; produce printed and video material; organize special events; and liaison between the Health Department and County Public Information.
Raise awareness of the chronic disease prevention efforts at the Health Department; working with different communities and partners to distribute information related to priority areas- food security, tobacco use prevention and active living; working with the media to ensure accurate coverage of prevention-related news; maintaining a multi-media resource library; organizing public awareness opportunities, trainings and conferences; writing, editing, designing and releasing articles to the media in partnership with Public Information; maintain media archives.
Serve as a resource for the design and distribution of internal and external Health Department and Policy & Prevention communications; manage the creation and selection of photography for print and electronic communications.
Consult with program staff to manage strategies for print/video materials, website enhancements, review and publish documents, images, and web pages edited by content contributors.
Assist the Health Department with social media (Facebook,Twitter, e.g.) for a variety of initiatives, with emphasis on OPP Initiatives.
Provide assistance in the search, application and development of grant opportunities.
Work in collaboration with leadership in developing and maintaining strategic and communication plans.
Experience: Four years of experience in public information dissemination, media relations and/or training.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or a related field.
Combination of relevant education and relevant experience accepted? Yes
Licenses and Certifications: N/A
Prior experience working with health-related services.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Customer service principles;
• Keyboarding techniques;
• Marketing and communication knowledge and skills.
• Applicable Federal, State, and local laws, rules, and regulations.
• Providing customer service;
• Creating and disseminating marketing and educational materials;
• Utilizing social media and other forms of communication;
• Using modern office equipment; Office 365
• Collaboration - Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
• Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
• Technical / Professional Knowledge & Skills - Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
• Quality Orientation - Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
For more information and to apply visithttps://www.mecknc.gov/HR/Pages/talent-acquisition.aspx
Posted on 04/24/2019
The education abroad opportunities posted on this website are not formally affiliated with the University of Minnesota and have not been fully vetted. Opportunities posted on this website should not be construed as an endorsement by the University. Please contact the Learning Abroad Center for information regarding participation on all education abroad programs.