Find jobs, field experiences, and internships in the public health field
Apply for this job by 06/30/2019
Employer: The MITRE Corporation
Located in: McLean, Virginia
Degree Required: Masters
Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges—and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day—working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE—and make a difference with us.
The candidate must have a minimum of two years of working in the health or healthcare domain, preferably in an early career management position that has exposed them to the rigors of healthcare innovation. The successful candidate will be an accomplishment driven team member with the following experiences:
• leveraging their research and analysis capabilities as well as their knowledge of the health industry in assessing challenges and designing solutions with our sponsors
• performing complex program and business analyses in a variety of health and healthcare venues.
• using knowledge of both healthcare payers and delivery of healthcare
• independently and effectively using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project and can master new technology tools as needed
• employing strong verbal communication skills and demonstrated active participation in leadership discussions and meetings
• demonstrating ability to prepare concise, well written, accurate documents
• ability to create a positive environment, provide and take candid, meaningful feedback, and have strong communication skills
• applying a pragmatic, practical and analytical approach to problem-solving using proven quantitative and qualitative methods to develop actionable solutions
• being a self-starter with demonstrated ability to work independently and the ability to work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team environment
• working successfully in complex, fast-paced and ambiguous environment
• Previous experience working with Federal or State government in various aspects of health program analysis
• Knowledge of Federal and/or State healthcare systems
• Experience working in the consulting industry
• Experience working directly in the health industry
• Experience with Medicare, Medicaid or other CMS programs
Masters Degree and preferably 1 to 3 years of related experience. Preferred areas of study Health Administration, Public Health, or a related discipline.
BS and preferably 1 to 3 years of related experience. Preferred areas of study include Health Administration, Public Health.
Posted on 05/07/2019
The education abroad opportunities posted on this website are not formally affiliated with the University of Minnesota and have not been fully vetted. Opportunities posted on this website should not be construed as an endorsement by the University. Please contact the Learning Abroad Center for information regarding participation on all education abroad programs.