Find jobs, field experiences, and internships in the public health field
Apply for this job by 07/01/2019
Employer: The MITRE Corporation
Located in: Atlanta, Georgia
Degree Required: Masters
The focus of the Public Health and Innovation work program at MITRE is to partner with our sponsors to achieve the following objectives:
• Advance public health and wellbeing of the nation
• Advance health systems innovation
• Develop systems that reduce reporting burden on state partners
• Improve efficiency and agility of public health solutions
The Public Health Project Manager will work closely with Portfolio and Program Management leadership and Project Leaders to ensure that projects in the work program are run effectively and efficiently. The Public Health Project Manager will provide public health project management support across all phases of the life-cycle, for all projects, and will be responsible for:
• Pre/Post award Clarity Staff Plan management; monitors project budgets across the department, works with the appropriate Project Leaders to ensure budgets are within task award budget, and work with Clarity Cost-it-Now (CIN) to conduct what-if analysis to understand impact of changes to project plans.
• Support program leadership in developing Statements of Work and Cost Estimates for emerging projects.
• Take on leadership roles on projects.
• Monitor staffing plans and ensure that all projects comply with policies and procedures governing staff plans.
• For task orders requiring Alliance Partner support, provide subcontractor management support pre/post award to include supporting the establishment of ROM/input to cost proposal, service purchase requisitions (SPR), on-boarding, coordinate deliverables management process with Project and/or Task Leaders, invoice management and close-out process.
• Participate in the monthly department financial reviews and manage all action items.
• Manage the risk log and coordinate with project leaders to ensure project risks are appropriately logged, tracked and mitigated.
• Facilitate monthly review and discussion of the project works plans, manage agreed upon updates to work plan document and coordinate submission, of revised work plans, to the sponsor, as needed.
• Establish and maintain a deliverables management schedule to include informal and formal review of significant deliverables, coordinating reviews and scheduling Technical Writing/Editing support.
• Monitor and facilitate the Monthly Progress Report (MPR) process to ensure that reports are high quality and delivered on time.
• Establish a site and work program SharePoint site and manage its organization including access privileges and folder/file structure.
• For projects requiring Sponsor badging, coordinate with Project Leaders, MITRE Security and Sponsor POC to facilitate required clearances for project staff and ensure compliance with sponsor requirements.
• Partner with Atlanta site leadership to manage site activities, develop and monitor site budgets, develop site strategies and plans.
• Program and Project Management Skills (PMP desired).
• Experience or major in Public Health related topics.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality, impactful technical products.
• Experience or aptitude for managing Clarity Staffing plans and an understanding of the MITRE Monthly Financial Management Process.
• Experience in MS Office (Excel, Project, Visio, PowerPoint, Word).
• SharePoint site set-up, structuring and management skills.
• Exposure to work plan development and management.
• Natural curiosity, creative thinking, and a desire to be stretched and challenged are a must.
• Business and Customer Engagement Skills.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize commitments, and manage time effectively in a fast-paced, time-sensitive, quality-oriented environment is required.
• Ability to engage with internal and external customers.
• MPH preferred.
Posted on 05/07/2019
The education abroad opportunities posted on this website are not formally affiliated with the University of Minnesota and have not been fully vetted. Opportunities posted on this website should not be construed as an endorsement by the University. Please contact the Learning Abroad Center for information regarding participation on all education abroad programs.