Apply for this job by
Employer: National Kidney Foundation
Located in: St. Paul, Minnesota
Degree Required: Bachelors
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Program Manager will be responsible for the local implementation and delivery of the National Kidney Foundation’s (NKF) signature programs to patients and those at risk for kidney disease throughout the designated region. These programs include (but are not limited to) KEEP Healthy, Big Ask: Big Give, Patient Social Summit, Your Kidneys and You, and professional activities, including NKF’s Primary Care Initiative.
The Program Manager is also responsible for managing local expansion strategies, such as the cultivation of community and corporate partnerships, and securing funding for programs.
The Program Manager will work closely with the Executive Director to evaluate program performance and ensure activities are aligned with the NKF’s national strategic plan and local initiatives. The Program Manager will also work in collaboration with Regional leadership and development staff in fundraising efforts.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver NKF signature programs within the established territory.
- Oversee planning, implementation and budgeting for all programs in order to maximize their impact within the community.
- Execute Your Kidneys and You, KEEP Healthy screenings, Big Ask: Big Give, and Drive for Dialysis events.
- Manage all logistics related to professional education meetings, grand rounds in hospital settings and/or education sessions.
- Supervise local program staff, including AmeriCorp Vista to ensure consistency and excellence in the delivery of program services. Oversees program coordination, marketing, communications, program delivery, tracking and metrics.
- Provide management, training and coaching to local staff.
- Recruit, train and manage volunteers.
- Enhance minority outreach and public awareness activities.
- Work in collaboration with Regional Vice President, Executive Director, & Development Staff to secure funding for regional/local programs by assisting with grant proposals and meetings with potential sponsors.
- Develop and coordinate activities to strengthen “World Kidney Day” public education campaign and other public awareness activities.
- Oversee advocacy work on a state level working closely with Kidney Advocacy Committee volunteers and Kidney Outreach volunteers to promote NKF’s legislative priorities.
- Direct local expansion strategies, by increasing community and corporate partnerships.
- Produce regional performance reports on programs and provide feedback to management.
- Serve as program staff liaison, for local Medical Advisory Boards and other relevant committees.
- Prepare and manage program budgets.
- Performs additional duties, as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university. Master’s in health-related or social services field, preferred.
- Minimum five year’s work related experience delivering health related programs to vast audiences.
- Experience working for a non-profit health agency is preferred.
- Experience in grant proposal writing and securing new funding opportunities through grants.
- Experience managing and coaching staff and volunteers.
- Experience managing project budgets.
- Establish priorities, meet deadlines and time pressure and think creatively and strategically.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, time-management and organizational skills.
- Must be assertive, confident and project a positive presence.
- Fluent in Microsoft Word applications.
- Flexible for overnight business travel including the ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Please apply via email with your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations:
Posted on 06/14/2019
The education abroad opportunities posted on this website are not formally affiliated with the University of Minnesota and have not been fully vetted. Opportunities posted on this website should not be construed as an endorsement by the University. Please contact the Learning Abroad Center for information regarding participation on all education abroad programs.