Durham, NC, US, 27710
School of Medicine:
Established in 1930, Duke University School of Medicine is the youngest of the nation’s top medical schools. Ranked tenth among its peers, the School takes pride in being an inclusive community of outstanding learners, investigators, clinicians, and staff where traditional barriers are low, interdisciplinary collaboration is embraced, and great ideas accelerate translation of fundamental scientific discoveries to improve human health locally and around the globe.
Comprised of 2,400 faculty physicians and researchers, the Duke University School of Medicine along with the Duke University School of Nursing and Duke University Health System create Duke Health. Duke Health is a world-class health care network. Founded in 1998 to provide efficient, responsive care, the health system offers a full network of health services and encompasses Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital, Duke Primary Care, Private Diagnostic Clinic, Duke Home and Hospice, Duke Health and Wellness, and multiple affiliations.
ASSOCIATE IN RESEARCH - SURVEY METHODOLOGIST
Job Description Overview
The survey methodologist will collaborate with School of Medicine investigators and other stakeholders to develop, pilot, implement, and report the results of health-related surveys used in research. The survey methodologist will be responsible for applying best practices for developing and implementing surveys; contributing to grant and manuscript writing; and helping to train others in survey design methods.
- Collaborates with investigators to creatively address complex survey challenges by developing surveys that are simple, efficient, and minimally burdensome to study participants.
- As an integral research team member working with investigators and research staff, the survey methodologist:
- ???????Consults investigators and other stakeholders to obtain requirements for survey content,
- Uses best practices to design and implement surveys,
- Reviews and provides feedback on existing questionnaires,
- Pre-tests surveys,
- Oversees data collection,
- Collaborates with qualitative researchers to integrate qualitative findings into survey design,
- Collaborates with statisticians and psychometricians on developing statistical analysis plans,
- Conducts basic survey analyses including descriptive statistics and correlations, and
- Contributes to reporting and publishing survey results.
- Actively participates in team meetings and other forums.
- Reviews scientific literature to maintain up-to-date knowledge of the field of survey methodology.
- Contributes to grant and manuscript writing.
- Trains others on survey design methods.???????
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education/Training: Master’s degree or higher in Social Sciences, Economics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Education, Quantitative Psychology, Public Health, Survey Methodology, or equivalent program. Twenty years of experience plus bachelor’s degree may substitute for Master’s degree requirement.
Experience: Minimum of five years’ experience designing survey questionnaires, collecting survey data, and analyzing results. Experience communicating technical work to multiple audiences. Demonstrated ability to work independently and on teams.
Preferred: PhD in Social Sciences, Economics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Education, Quantitative Psychology, Public Health, Survey Methodology, or equivalent program. Qualtrics Research Core Expert Certification. Trained in survey methodology. Familiarity with psychometrics, qualitative methods, statistical programs, and survey sampling techniques.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Nearest Major Market: Durham
Nearest Secondary Market: Raleigh