Navigation & Programs Manager
Posting expires on
Employer: Susan G. Komen Charlotte
Located in: Minnesota
Degree Required: Bachelors
Reports To: Senior Director, Community Health
Supervisory Responsibilities: Train, develop and manage mission intern(s) and other mission volunteers.
Hours of Work: The Bilingual [English/Spanish] Navigation & Programs Manager position is a full-time exempt employee of the Affiliate. Daily office hours for this position are between 8:30am to 5:00pm. Some weekend hours are required for events and planning.
Basic Functions: This position is responsible for administering critical aspects of the Affiliate’s navigation, education and grant programs. The incumbent will also manage, coordinate and provide breast health outreach activities and build capacity in the service area to create sustainable programs for the education/awareness of breast health. This position requires an ability to build strong relationships with community organizations, volunteers, colleagues and the health care community. The ideal candidate is committed to the mission, the importance of raising awareness about breast cancer, and helping people take action for their breast health.
- Assist callers and visitors with various breast health / breast cancer-related needs; make appointments and provide follow-up.
- Document all interactions in lay navigation tracking tool for evaluation and reporting purposes.
- Continuously identify resources and eligibility requirements to monitor changes and funding restrictions.
- Maintain current information on breast health resources available throughout the service area to respond to inquiries from the community.
- Provide lay navigation while out in the community and ensure appropriate tracking and follow-up.
- Prepare and send survivor/MBC thriver bags & handwritten notes to newly diagnosed or re-diagnosed.
Program Implementation & Management
- Work closely with the Education & Outreach Manager to manage and coordinate all aspects of the Domingo Rosado program from registration, recruitment of churches, working with County Ambassadors, developing educational materials, breast health resource guide creation, materials distribution plan, survey creation and completion, program evaluation report and follow-up.
- Implement annual Metastatic Breast Cancer Conference to include content, agenda, invitation list, etc.
- Implement and manage other mission programs as assigned.
Community Grants Management
- Assist the Senior Director, Community Health with various aspects of the grant-making process.
- Manage all aspects of the Community Grant and Small Grant programs including maintenance of working relationships with grantees and grant committee.
- Management includes: Hold grant writing workshops; conduct compliance reviews; award grants and execute contracts; manage and monitor grants to include site visits; evaluate the impact via data from the reports.
- Maintain and ensure accuracy of electronic grant database of organizations, reports, applications, and affiliate communications with grantees using the Grants eManagement System and new electronic Komen grant system.
- Grantee and grant committee assistance – communication on problems, issues with reporting, electronic system challenges, training on new features, etc.
Outreach & Education
- Work with Education & Outreach Manager to modify and provide culturally appropriate breast health education presentations to priority populations.
- Expand breast health education and outreach in priority areas, with focus on the underserved and Spanish- speaking populations.
- Implement Komen Education Guide to ensure evidence-based programming and proper evaluation methods are in place.
- With Senior Director, Community Health, document and evaluate existing breast health programs and resources for continuous improvement.
Volunteers & General Mission Work
- Work with Education & Outreach Manager to interview, train, develop and manage mission interns.
- Additional work with volunteers as the need arises.
- Identify survivors and other key constituents for various Komen needs and events: news stories, interviews, third-party events and general PR and marketing needs.
- Engage in a culture of philanthropy.
- Assist with data collection, analysis and creation of the Affiliate Community Profile Report needs assessment.
- Input quarterly updates to non-grant mission tracking spreadsheet for reports to Komen Headquarters.
- Bilingual English and Spanish required.
- Minimum of B.A./B.S. in public health, social work, or other related discipline.
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience in related field, non-profit experience a plus.
- Have access to transportation and valid driver’s license.
- Lay navigation training a plus.
Candidate will also possess:
- An interest in and commitment to the mission of Susan G. Komen.
- A willingness and ability to represent the Affiliate in a positive manner.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to help guide individuals in high-stress situations to the care they need with a calm, non-judgmental demeanor both over the phone and in-person.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency in MS Office Products – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and ability to learn new software.
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with healthcare facilities and community organizations.
- Comfort discussing breast health, cancer and related topics.
- Strong problem-solving, priority-setting and decision-making skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and deliver multiple objectives simultaneously.
- Ability to focus on details and follow-through to completion.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to work with volunteers.
- Demonstrated accountability, learning agility, and experience taking initiative with implementing ideas.
- Consistently demonstrate courteous, ethical, cooperative, accountable and professional behavior to all contacts, internal and external.
This position occasionally requires travel, evening and weekend work.
How to Apply: Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume via email to Sarah Bailey, Senior Director, Community Health(email@example.com). Resumes/cover letters will only be accepted until Monday, July 29.
Posted on 07/16/2019
The education abroad opportunities posted on this website are not formally affiliated with the University of Minnesota and have not been fully vetted. Opportunities posted on this website should not be construed as an endorsement by the University. Please contact the Learning Abroad Center for information regarding participation on all education abroad programs.