Find jobs, field experiences, and internships in the public health field
Apply for this job by 08/23/2019
Employer: La Clinica Del Pueblo Inc
Located in: Washington, DC
Degree Required: Bachelors
The Medical Receptionist performs front office activities for the health center, including patient scheduling, facilitating communication between patients and staff, registration, insurance verification, medical referrals, receiving and posting payments, and entering data and documents into electronic medical record. Quality of care and patient satisfaction is the main goal.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Greets all patients and public in a professional, friendly, and timely manner
2. Answer telephone PBX/central answering system in a prompt courteous fashion, directing calls to the designated person
3. Schedule patient appointments in electronic scheduling system according to La Clinica's open access rules
4. Document and direct patient, pharmacy, and other provider calls and requests to appropriate health center staff.
5. Perform Medical Assistant duties such as but not limited to record vital signs, assist with medical referrals, track and follow-up on patient population.
6. Register patients arriving for health center visits following La Clinica's procedures
7. Verify insurance and identify patients covered by third party payers prior to appointments and at time of service
8. Call patients to recall for appointments on a weekly basis
9. Document all patient encounters in the electronic medical record
10. Respond to telephone encounters daily
11. Posts payment to patient account
12. Reconciles all receipts on a daily basis and prepares daily report
13. Prepares deposit slips for all daily receipts
14. Scan patient documents into electronic medical record
15. Explain clinic policy to patients as needed
16. Completes accurate paperwork and transactions according to La Clinica policies and procedures
17. Answers routine questions/issues from patients; forwards more complex questions to appropriate department and/or to their supervisor
18. Completes assigned tasks and responsibilities within established guidelines.
19. Attends required trainings to increase/maintain skills.
20. Attends monthly meetings and all mandatory La Clinica activities.
21. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Posted on 07/23/2019
The education abroad opportunities posted on this website are not formally affiliated with the University of Minnesota and have not been fully vetted. Opportunities posted on this website should not be construed as an endorsement by the University. Please contact the Learning Abroad Center for information regarding participation on all education abroad programs.