Find jobs, field experiences, and internships in the public health field
Apply for this job by 08/19/2019
Employer: DAKOTA COUNTY
Located in: Apple Valley, Minnesota
Degree Required: Other
The Administrative Specialist provides a variety of high level administrative support for the Public Health Department, Director, Deputy Director and other managers coordinating projects, meetings, and trainings as well as providing back-up for department accounting activities. This position is the department liaison with Employee Relations and provides department managers with support throughout the hiring and onboarding process. The ideal candidate possesses very strong interpersonal and communication skills, is highly organized and flexible, and has experience managing multiple priorities in a complex and fast-moving work environment. He or she has a track record of progressively responsible administrative experience, demonstrated skills with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Publisher skills are required), and a passion for public service.
• Associate Degree in Administrative Support or in a business related field
• Two years of progressively responsible office or administrative experience
• High School graduate or equivalent (G.E.D.) +
• Minimum one year of specialized office administrative training
• Three years of progressively responsible office or administrative experience
• An equivalent combination of education and experience post high school to total four (4) years.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE BEYOND MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Some positions may require typing ability of 60 wpm.
Posted on 08/06/2019
The education abroad opportunities posted on this website are not formally affiliated with the University of Minnesota and have not been fully vetted. Opportunities posted on this website should not be construed as an endorsement by the University. Please contact the Learning Abroad Center for information regarding participation on all education abroad programs.